Press release condemning the horrific suicide bombing in Mogadishu
In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
Islamic League of Somali Scholars in America
504 Cedar Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
Minneapolis, MN – October 4, 2011
PRESS RELEASE CONDEMNING THE HORRIFIC SUICIDE BOMBING IN MOGADISHU
The Islamic League of Somali Scholars in America strongly condemns the horrific suicide bombing that claimed many innocent lives in Mogadishu.
Abu Hurayra (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Every Muslim is forbidden from transgressing against the blood, property, and honor of another Muslim.” (Related by Muslim and Ahmed).
1. We extend our condolences to the families of those who lost their brothers/sisters, children, parents, and relatives in this senseless attack in Mogadishu.
– May Allah grant His Mercy to those who were killed.
– May Allah grant swift healing to those injured in the blast.
2. This criminal act goes against the teachings of Islam and all human norms.
3. We also declare that anyone who blows himself up or commits suicide may earn Hellfire in the following three ways:
– Taking his own life
– Killing an innocent life that has not committed any wrongdoing
– Justifying the spilling of an inviolable blood
4. We call on the Somali people to extend urgent assistance to the people affected by this heinous act
Our success comes from Allah,
And peace be upon you,
Sheikh Abdirahman Sharif Mohamed,
President, Islamic League of Somali Scholars in America
Email: email@example.com; Telephone: (612) 558-5389