Celebrate Civil Rights
CAIR-MN Ramadan Dinner to be held tonight!
On Friday, July 27, the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-MN) will hold its 6th Annual Ramadan Dinner. It will be held at 7:30pm at the Mounds View Community Center, 5394 Edgewood Drive, Mounds View, MN 55112.
The event will feature CAIR-MN’s recent case wins and accomplishments, a Ramadan fast-breaking meal, and a video presentation. Guest speakers include CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad and Congressman Keith Ellison. CAIR-MN has had an incredible year. A few recent CAIR-MN accomplishments include: ·
- Reaching federally-mandated settlement agreements in student harassment cases in St. Cloud and Owatonna·
- Defeating the Minnesota anti-Sharia bill·
- Leading the call for an investigation of a mosque permit denial in St. Anthony Minnesota·
- Organizing a day-long seminar, Positive Interactions: Working Effectively with Your Muslim Employees,” for supervisors and human resources personnel·
- Organizing the state’s only Muslim-run free legal clinic·
- Receiving the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits “Mission and Excellence Anti-Racism” nonprofit award
SEE: CAIR-MN Photo Slideshow: http://youtu.be/fz1IzxfTBus
CAIR-MN is the state’s only Muslim civil rights advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding. For more information on CAIR-MN or the Ramadan Dinner, visit www.cairmn.com, call (612) 206-3360 or e-mail email@example.com